August 19, 2013

a nasty little thief.

there is a very good reason why i have been an MIA blogger. my sweet little macbook, was STOLEN. out of my own bedroom. one saturday afternoon, i was getting ready for the tim mcgraw concert and left my computer in my room. while i was gone, my parents had a "team party" for my brothers soccer team. i came home from the concert, and my most favorite thing in the world, was gone... i hyperventilated, cried, got mad... any emotion you could feel. we sent out an email to all the parents from the team, and we were lucky enough to have one witness, see this punk with my computer. we tracked my laptop and it was under his name. you best believe i had some strong, strong, STRONG words to say to him. he ended up with a guilty conscience and brought it back to practice. he was then kicked off the team, and my brother said "if you ever make my big sister cry again, you're going to regret being born" harsh, but in a sweet way.

well, we had the laptop back in our hands. yet as we turned it on EVERY thing of mine was gone. being a photographer, you could probably understand that i had a very hard time with this. my heart broke and i cried myself to sleep knowing all of my data was gone. little did i know, my dad stayed up all hours of the night, and found a program that recovers everything. and when i say everything, i mean everything. every picture i have ever taken, even if i through it in the trash. so as of now i have the great opportunity to go through over 100,000 pictures... this past week has been the most stressful week of my life. i thank heavenly father for my answered prayers, and am in relief that this is all over.

so, here i am. back to blogging. i have lots to tell you.

4 comments:

  1. Glad you're back & glad everything worked out!
    xx,
    Ariel
    http://auteurariel.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy...wow. I'm glad you got everything back! It's just incredible that you got your laptop back! You are one lucky lady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a freakin PUNK. You never want to feel like your stuff is getting stolen out of your very own room!

    Also, I love your dad for doing that. He must be a great lad. I'm glad you're back. With your pictures. And I'm probably super excited to hear all about your love life? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great dad. glad that this story ended well! welcome back!

    ReplyDelete