May 22, 2012

i survived?

almost exactly a year ago, i had to say a heart breaking goodbye, to my best friend. he left for college, & i stayed home. we pulled the long distance thing off, better than most. those nights i laid awake at night just thinking about him. wishing he was right there next to me. as cheesy as it is, looking up at the moon & remembering the sweet dear john saying. "no matter where you are in the world, the moon is never bigger than your thumb". then thoughts flood through my head if he was looking at the moon, & the saving fact that we both see the same thing. also, going to school, walking the halls, not having anyone to impress was different. i wasn't late to class any more. all of this & more is over. one year of college? i survived. i wouldn't recommend it to anyone. my heart completely broke, but with time, it's fitting together. it's done. it's over. he is on his way home. this is the last night, of my boy being in utah. no more, skype dates, moon crying, or even, crying in bed. tay is coming home. i don't know why, but i'm scared more than anything. yes, i survived college. but the sad part is, in 29 days i have to say another goodbye. & this one is even worse. its for two years. 730 days. life has been full of too many goodbyes.
a picture & song set for the mood of the night.

1 comment:

  1. My missionary has been out three weeks today. I won't tell you it isn't hard, and that you won't cry. Because it is hard, and you will cry, you will cry a lot at first. But then you realize just how important it is, what he is going to do, and then an unexplainable feeling of pride fills your heart. This young man, has set himself apart from the rest of the world. And he is yours. No one knows what two years holds, things will change, and you will both grow, but remember that by him devoting two years of his life to the lord, he won't ever struggle devoting an eternity to you. There are so many blessings I have experienced in such a short three weeks. I've discovered I am stronger than I ever thought, and I have felt the pure love of Christ. Kneel often, and find comfort in the words of our prophets.
    And remember, God loves you, and where ever you are meant to be, he will guide you there.

    ReplyDelete