March 25, 2012

a sweet sunday thought.

{a letter from our father in heaven}

Dear Daughter,

I remember well the day you left my side, wandered through the veil and ventured forth to fulfill you earthly mission. I had a tear in my eye as I clothed your spirit in a cloak of love and sent you off to school. Be assured that my thoughts are with you now, as always. I love you with all of my heart. I know your life, the good, the bad, your grief, your disappointments, your unrewarded efforts, your frustrations. But always remember--all that I have is yours if you will only come home again.
Daughter, realize that in you I have placed a bit of heaven. No one was exempt. I love all of my children. You have some blest gift, some talent, some little part of me in you. Search for it, develop it, use it, and most importantly, share it with others. If you really love me, then help others find themselves and lead them to me Show your love by serving others. Repent of your failings and humble yourself. Make yourself ever teachable and continually strive to improve. I gave you weaknesses to help you be humble. Don't condemn me for that. I did it because I love you. Be full of hope. Don't let discouragement engulf you. I'll come if you need me. Daughter, cease you idle contentions. Be a peacemaker, for it breaks my heart to see so many of my children fighting. If they could only see what I have hoped, planned and desired for them. My heart breaks as I watch them. But you, faithful daughter, are my hope. It is through you that my work must proceed. You haven't much time and there is so much work to be done. I beg you to get started. Accomplish the mission I gave to you before you left me. I'll help you. I'll never be too busy or too far away to come to you. I'm nearer to you always than you might suspect. I have so much I would like to tell you, but I can't here. Come to me often in prayer. I love to talk to you, my beloved daughter. Be diligent in my work and my kingdom shall be yours. I'd love to take you in my arms, but I too, must wait patiently: that time will come. Till then I leave you my peace, my blessing, my love, and never forget I am nearby whenever you need me. I love you and miss you so very much and, oh, how I am looking forward to your return to me and your Mother.

All my love,
Your Heavenly Father

{if there is one thing i can succeed in, in my lifetime is to make my Heavenly Father proud. through trials & tribulations i've learned he is all i have. he only wants what is best for you & i. today was another good day. sundays are the best. they ease my mind, & let me focus on only the good. i love this gospel & being a member more than anything. happy sunday.}

8 comments:

  1. PERFECT day for me to find your blog. I needed this post! I've been struggling lately with huge changes in my life and I've been praying and crying so much to the Lord. Reading this letter just makes Him that much more real.... I am praying and crying to someone who hears me and LOVES me. He truly knows how to comfort me the way I need it. Ah! I seriously just loved this. Thank you for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so cute!! where did you find it?

    also, thank you for the great reminder! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah no problem! i'm glad you enjoyed it. my leader in young women's handed them out as letters. i just googled "letter from heavenly father" & it was the first link!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful. So important to remember this at every moment in your life. In the bad times and especially in the good times. Thanks for the great Sunday message, Syd!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Although we've never met and we don't know each other, I feel like I have a sense of who you are from reading your blog. You are such an amazing writer!! I stumbled across your blog through a friend and can't seem to stop reading it.. I feel like I'm going through all of this with you!! You are such a beautiful and stunning girl!! I hope you truly understand and realize this. Never let another person or a situation let you lose sight of that. That is such a beautiful letter! Never lose sight of it's message. Our Heavenly Father will always be there for us. That is SUCH an amazing thing to know! Thanks for this post to remind me of that :) The boy you talk about, he loves you. I know he does. His heart aches for you too. You shouldn't let a situation throw that out of perspective for you. I'm so glad you've finally "come home" (LOVE that song by the way), I hope you can stay this way! I believe you can. Just don't lose sight of what's important or let your heart be filled with hate or regret (I know I've done that before). Focus on the good and let it drown out all the bad :) Praying and wishing for your continual happiness, whatever that might be.
    Love,
    A friend in Provo, Utah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow, thank you so much! hearing things like this really help the days get easier. its so helpful to understand people believe in me, & im not alone. thank you for reading! im sure if we knew each other we would be the best of friends! from here on out ive decided to focus on the good. the bad isn't worth it. right? RIGHT! haha. thank you so much for your sweet comments. you probably don't realize how much they mean to me. so thank you. you're the best!
      Love,
      me. sydney. the silly blogger.

      Delete
  6. what a gorgeous girl and and a gorgeous blog. This post is absolutely beautiful. Thanks for sharing. xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow i needed to read this today. you are gorgeous and this touched me. xo

    ReplyDelete