March 18, 2012

he came home.

this weekend, I had a long lost friend come home.

yes. yes, we have been through the unbearable. we've been to the lowest of lows. but the moments like these is what makes it worth it. holding on to anger, resentment and hurt only gives you heart ache. forgiveness gives you back the laughter and the lightness in your life. having him home was  great. it was a only a few days, but im so grateful he came back. it's been good to truly smile again & feel at ease. he has 94 days left here in the united states. those days will be filled with love & happiness. I have come to the understanding that not everything will turn out the way I plan. life is not a movie. we can't always have the endings we want. yet in some cases the endings don't turn out half as bad. life is seriously, crazy. It takes me places, I wouldn't even begin to imagine, I'd go.  I'm growing each & everyday as a person,  & i'm grateful for the trials I have had to go through. His & I time together is coming to a close end. we're going to spend it wisely, & not let anyone tell us otherwise. meet my future missionary.

3 comments:

  1. Hi there! I have no clue how I stumbled upon your blog but I am so glad that I did. I was at BYU this summer and saw this man quite often! I don't know your situation but I know a lot of girls are watching their missionaries leave for 2 years. It's hard, It's tear jerking but you can do it. Everything will be worth it. Every trial will send you blessings. Good luck with everything and if you ever need anything, just ask because I went through the same exact things. :)

    -Kendall

    ReplyDelete